Overview of Package
Our kidneys are a pair of bean-shaped organs (about the size of a fist) located in the upper abdominal cavity. Their functions include regulating the body’s fluid electrolytes and create urine when they remove waste from the blood. When a patient has severe kidney disease or failure, these important kidney functions also concludes.
A kidney transplantation or transplant is a surgical procedure that replaces a diseased (impaired) kidney with a healthy working kidney usually from a family member (living transplant) or a deceased (cadaveric transplant) donor.
A good candidate to donate a kidney must have:
- No evidence of kidney disorder
- No evidence of major conditions such as diabetes or no risk of having diabetes
A kidney transplant is advised for patients who suffer from:
- Severe kidney failure
- Renal failure
- Stage 5 chronic kidney disease
- End-stage kidney disease
What is included in a typical kidney transplant package?
Most of the treatment packages of partner medical centers include complete lab tests and pre-operative assessment for the patient and the donor, dialysis session (number of session depends on the center), patient and donor surgery costs, medical supplies costs, nursing services, transplant surgeon’s fees, hospital stay for both patient and donor (number of days depends on the center), post-operative lab tests and diagnostics, medications used during hospital admission, and lastly, the hospital stay for standard room with meals for patient and companion.
Reasons to Choose Partner Transplant Centers at PlacidWay:
- Transparent transplant package costs
- Kidney transplant procedure, hospital stay and surgeon’s fee stay already included
- Internationally accredited transplant centers and clinics
- 99% success rates of kidney transplants
- Board certified and experienced surgeons
- International Patient Programs available in medical centers to assist you!