Best Gastric Bypass Surgery Options in Turkey
Do you want to lose those extra pounds and become healthy and good looking? Gastric bypass surgery could be the answer to your problems. As the pounds melt away, you will feel the difference immediately and that will help you embrace a new mind-set.
Gastric bypass is one of the most popular bariatric surgeries. The procedure has a high success rate and is the best option for people who are severely overweight and who have not been able to lose weight with diet, exercise, or medicine. Although the procedure helps patients lose more than half of their excess weight, they will also need to completely change their lifestyle and eating habits.
How is gastric bypass performed?
During gastric bypass surgery the stomach is made smaller by dividing it into an upper and lower pouch. During the procedure, staples and tapes are used to shrink the stomach. Also, malabsorption processes take place, determining the most food nutrients only to cross the body. In general, recovery time can last up to three months. Most people who have gone through this experience, talk about how easy they managed to lose weight in the first 12 months after the intervention. A study on this issue revealed that, after surgery, individuals lost about a third of their body mass, during a period between 1 to 4 years.
What to expect after surgery
- You will have belly pain and may need pain medicine for the first week or so after surgery.
- Food may empty into the small intestine too quickly and lead to dumping syndrome.
- For about the first month after surgery, your stomach can only handle small amounts of soft foods and liquids while you are healing.
- It is important to try to sip water throughout the day to avoid becoming dehydrated.
- If you do not chew your food well or do not stop eating soon enough, you may feel discomfort or nausea and may sometimes vomit.
- You may have a deficiency in iron, calcium, magnesium, or vitamins.
- Depending on how the surgery was done (open or laparoscopic), you’ll have to watch your activity during recovery.
Why should you choose Turkey for gastric bypass surgery?
One large benefit of gastric bypass bariatric surgery in Istanbul is that the cost of the procedure is a mere fraction of what it costs in the developed countries. Turkey is in close proximity to many European and Asian countries. Hence, choosing to undergo RNY gastric bypass in Istanbul can help people from the Middle East, the UK, France, Germany, Bulgaria, and Romania help save on travel costs and time. This is also beneficial for those who do not like long plane flights.
There are a number of state-of-the-art, well-equipped hospitals that one can choose from for getting gastric bypass in Istanbul. One of them is the Metabolic Surgery Clinic, renowned for successfully treating obesity, sleep apnea, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and hypertension. The cost for the gastric bypass prcedure is $25,000. Metabolic Diabetes Surgery Clinic is the First and Only Center of Excellence who got this accreditation in Turkey. Associate Prof. Doctor Alper Celik has been also rewarded with “Surgeon of Excellence Accreditation”. He is a member of the International Federation for Surgical Treatment of Obesity and Related Disorders.
- Significant weight loss
- Long term weight loss
- Health status improvement
- Improved quality of life
- Boost of self esteem and self confidence