Top Heart Valve Replacement Surgery in India
Heart valve replacement is an open-heart surgery during which one or more heart valves are replaced with either an artificial heart valve or a bioprosthesis. The procedure is an option for patients suffering from aortic stenosis (narrowed aortic valve), mitral stenosis (narrowed mitral valve) or aortic regurgitation (leaky valve).
Types of replacement valves
– Mechanical – it is made of stainless steel, titanium or ceramic. The patient will need to take blood-thinning medicine.
– Biological – it is made of human or animal tissue. It needs to be replaced after 15 years but the patient does not need to take blood-thinning medicine for life
– Pulmonary valve replacement – the surgeon can replace the aortic valve using the patient’s own pulmonary valve, which will then be replaced with an artificial valve. This procedure helps patients avoid taking blood thinners for life.
Types of heart valve replacement procedure
– Traditional open heart surgery – considered the best for this type of affection
– Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR or TAVI) – when open heart surgery is too risky for the patient
– Video-assisted surgery
– Robotic-assisted surgery
Before the heart valve replacement procedure
– Before the procedure the surgeon will explain the entire process and answer the patient’s questions
– The doctor will also perform a complete physical examination and check the patient’s medical history
– The patient will be asked to fast for eight hours and stop smoking before the surgery
– The patient will be asked to sign a consent form
Best heart replacement surgery clinics in India
Manipal Hospital is one of the best medical care suppliers in India, with more than 50 years of experience in the area of medicine. Manipal Hospitals, through its 15 hospitals and three clinics, provides local and global patients any type of treatment and procedure. The hospital takes pride in its nationally and internationally recognized medical team and for offering highly successful procedures, performed with modern equipment.
Heart Valve Replacement Price: $6,084 (twin sharing room) or $7,662 (private room)