Top Dentists in Turkey
When most people think of visiting the dentist, they get scared because they associate dentistry with pain and discomfort. But nowadays dental care is more comfortable, accurate, natural-looking, and painless than ever before. Now it is most common to go to the dentist to prevent cavities, to make your teeth whiter, more attractive, stronger, and even to eliminate headaches that you may be experiencing.
Dentistry comprises the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases of the oral cavity, and is widely considered important for overall health. Dental implants, dental crowns, dental bridges, dentures, dental fillings, dental veneers, root canal, and teeth whitening are some of the most popular dental procedures. The cost of dental treatments, and dental surgery depend upon the type of procedure that is being completed, and the location of your dentist/dental clinic.
A licensed dentist can carry out most dental treatments and procedures, can perform examinations, make diagnosis, and prescribe medications, but they need to take additional qualifications to carry out more complex procedures such as oral and maxillofacial surgery, and implants.
Turkey offers medical tourists a rich mixture of history, fine beaches and magnificent scenery, so it is a wonderful destination to visit. If you’re considering dental treatment abroad you will find high quality facilities at highly competitive prices in Turkey.
Why You Should Visit the Dentist
- For check-up and cleaning, to stop teeth decay and prevent diseases
- The mouth can indicate if your body is not healthy
- You have sensitivity or pain in your teeth
- You have pain or bleeding in your gums, tongue, jaws
- You have unusual spots or sores in your mouth, or dry mouth, lack of saliva, unpleasant taste and odor
- You grind your teeth when you sleep
- Check for oral cancer
Societies and Associations your dentist should belong to:
- Turkish Dental Association
- American Dental Society of Europe
- Commonwealth Dental Association
- European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry
- European Association for Osseointegration
- European Federation for the Advancement of Anesthesia in Dentistry (EFAAD)
- European Federation of Oral Surgery Societies (EFOSS)
- European Federation of Orthodontics (FEO)
- European Prosthodontic Association (EPA)
- FDI World Dental Federation
- World Federation of Orthodontists
- International Federation of Oral Medicine
- International Dental Foundation
- International College of Dentists
Important Questions to Ask Your Dentist
- How much does the dentist charge for his services and what are the payment methods?
- What types of dental procedures can the dentist perform?
- How does your dentist handle emergencies outside of office hours or if something goes wrong during treatment?
- What is the office location, and what is his schedule?
- Is your dentist certified? What are his qualifications, what experience does he have?
- What are the risks and complication of certain procedures and how will the recovery process be?
- What option do you have if you will be unhappy with the results?
- What can you do to improve your dental health and prevent other problems?
- Will there be any follow-up procedures?
The Best Dentists in Turkey
Dr. Yusuf Ilhan specializes in Implants, Implant Dentistry 3D Technology and Digital CAD-CAM. He graduated from Marmara University’s Faculty of Dentistry and completed a PhD program on Prosthodontics in 2008. He published his work in different scientific journals, contributing to the dental field.
Dr. Ipek Aksoy specializes in Prosthetic Dentistry, focusing on Aesthetic Dentistry, Smile Design, Adhesive Systems, Implant Supported Prosthetic Treatments and Zirconium Systems. She graduated from the Marmara University’s Faculty of Dentistry and her PhD thesis is entitled In vitro evaluation of retentive properties of different luting cements on zirconia copings.
Dr. Semera Ergene Akbas is a Pediatric Dentistry specialist; she obtained her degree from the Marmara University’s Faculty of Dentistry in 1993. Her PhD thesis is entitled Effects of inhaled Beta 2 Agonists and Steroids on oral flora and caries due to the changes in salivary composition of Asthmatic Children.
Dr. Yasemin Budak is specialized in Prosthetic Dentistry and has been participating to several dentistry congresses, seminars and courses. She focuses on Aesthetic Dentistry, Smile Design, Adhesive Systems, Implant Supported Prosthesis Treatments and Zirconium Systems. She graduated from Hacettepe University’s Faculty of Dentistry and her PhD thesis is entitled Comparation of retention, strength and stress of implant retained bar attachments which is fabricated from different materials.